For Day 5 of the Girly Girl Challenge, we were supposed to come up with a manicure inspired by our favorite chick flick. We picked 10 Things I Hate About You and chose to interpret the title of the movie literally.
|We love you forever Heath!|
So now, here are ten of the polishes we hate the most!
From left to right:
1. Sinful Colors- Snow Me White
2. Spoiled- Distant Memory
3. China Glaze- Electrify (*gasp!*)
4. Zoya- Trixie
5. OPI- Did It On 'Em
|This is the ugliest manicure I've ever had on my nails.|
1. Nothing against Sinful Colors, it's just that BRIGHT WHITE polish is ugly. It reminds me of the days when we all used to paint white out on our nails. It's pretty great for stamping though so no regrets on the purchase.
2. This was my first time trying Spoiled polish (by Wet N Wild). I love a cheap drug store polish but look at the gross brush. I had to trim two long hairs from the end too. From reading other blogs I've learned that I didn't get a dud, a lot of them seem to be this way. The color is great and has a nice shimmer but it dries matte! I don't like surprise mattes.
3. I think I might break some hearts with my hatred for this polish. It just doesn't fit in the Hunger Games collection, ok? It looks like Christmas tinsel. I'm pretty sure they don't have Christmas in District 12. I've seen some great nail art made with it on other blogs though, I will just never wear it on its own.
4. Silver foils are ugly. GREAT stamping polish though.
5. Just like I said in my Nicki Minaj Collection review, this color looks terrible on me. I see no zombie raves in my future, so I see no need to put this polish on again.
Anna and I decided to tag team this post so here are my (Erin) 5 polishes that I hate the most. I really don't have that many polishes that I hate in my collection so some of these are sort of a stretch. Let's not get upset here, girls. Just read the full explanation...
From left to right:
Orly- Rock Solid
Kleancolor- Kiss Goodbye
Essie- Bermuda Shorts
Nerd Lacquer- Don't Blink (Stop freaking out. I don't really hate it)
Famous- It's Better to Give than Receive
1. My first review on this blog was for Rock Solid. I included it because I'm still mad about how awesome it is in the bottle and much it sucks on the nail. You can read my review here.
2. I love glitter. But Kleancolor glitter is just the worst. The formula is awful, it's like painting rubber cement on your nail. That's 2 coats but it looked like 4. And this glitter is ugly.
3. Ok, the story behind Bermuda Shorts makes me sound like a real nail polish crazy person. To make a long story short...I got a pedicure with Bermuda Shorts and I must have been very relaxed because I didn't pay attention when she painted my nails. I loved the color so much, I went home and stalked the internet until I found a bottle on eBay and bought it. I didn't read any reviews or look at any swatches because it was already on my toes and I know exactly what it looks like, glossy neon magenta awesomeness. I knew that Sinful made a dupe but that it was matte and I HATE matte polish. So, I get my bottle of Bermuda Shorts and start my mani and realize that this polish is matte! Oh hell no. Things start to go downhill from here. There may have been a couple glasses of wine involved...I text Anna and tell her that I bought a fake bottle of Essie Bermuda Shorts on eBay and the seller obviously bought a bottle of the Sinful dupe and poured it into the Essie bottle and made a fake label. Yes, I know...it's bad. While I was composing my insane email to the seller accusing her of selling fake nail polish, my husband did a little searching and saw the swatches online and I finally realized my mistake. Don't judge me! I feel strongly about polish. So what?! NBD. I didn't send the email to the seller. So that's why I hate this polish.
4. I'm sure you all think I'm insane right now so let's keep the crazy train rolling. I don't hate Don't Blink. I love it. I just hate it on my skin. Nerd Lacquer is my favorite indie brand right now and I want her whole collection. Anna and I just did a little swap so this polish will live with her and look way better on her skin.
5. This polish is just ew. A pink frost? I don't know what I was thinking. I was in a greedy haze at the wholesalers when i bought this. I'm still glad that I bought it because I used it for the next challenge. Stay tuned for Thursday!
Ashley of Follow The Yellow Polish RoadStephanie of A Little Polish
Kelly of DevilishPolish
Jodi of Captivating Claws
Danielle of Rock N Polish
Elly of Polishable
Olivia of Unprofessional Nails
Kate of This Charming Kate
Bethany of A Plethora of Nails
Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia of Talon-ted
Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda of Nox Nails
Ashley of Smashley Sparkles
Sarah of See Sarah Swatch
Emily of The Lacquerologist
Jess of LuvMyLacquer
Tressa of O' Natur Nail
ChiChi of I'm just me...ChiChi
CR of Color Me Silly
Amanda of Berry Polished
Bonny of Over Stuffed
Taylor of REJOICE!
Jess of Nearly Natural Nails